Our commitment to Privacy
- the types of personal information which we hold;
- the purposes for which we hold personal information;
- how we use the personal information which we hold;
- for how long we hold personal information; and
- what procedures we have in place to protect your privacy.
What Personal Information do we hold?
We hold the following personal information:
- information which individuals and entities provide to us when using this website (ie their names, postal addresses, telephone numbers, vehicle registration details, e-mail addresses and credit/debit card information);
- information obtained by us from third parties; and
- information obtained by us through users visiting this website.
For what purposes do we hold Personal Information?
We hold information which you provide to us for our own administrative, sales, marketing and product development purposes. Holding payment information permits us to process new and repeat orders. Depending on the information which you have provided to us, we may contact you by letter, e-mail, fax, telephone or SMS. If you would rather not be contacted by us, please let us know at the address noted below.
We use information obtained by us through users visiting this website for our own administrative, sales, marketing and product development purposes and to personalise this website for each user.
Customers are given the option to 'opt out' of receiving any further marketing communications from equipe.uk.com on the checkout page of the order process by unticking the box at the bottom of the aforementioned page.
Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not sell, rent, trade or share any personal information which we hold except that:
- we may disclose information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings;
- we may disclose aggregate statistics to third parties which are made up from statistics in respect of individual persons but these statistics will not include personally identifying information;
- we transmit credit/debit card information to the appropriate credit card company when we process payment for sales; and
- we may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting, marketing or other professional advisers, our website hosts and our courier, postal or transport providers (names and addresses only in the latter case).
- where necessary we will pass on contact details to our fitting partners and/or delivery agents in order to complete your order.
For how long do we hold Personal Information?
We will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above.
What procedures do we use to protect your privacy?
We undertake to process the personal information which we collect in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection.
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information (although we do not warrant that this is the case) in order to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
We hold computerised and electronic personal information on computers and/or CD-Roms and/or a server held at the address noted below. We also hold tangible (or 'hard copy') personal information at the address noted below.
From time to time, certain CD-Roms or tangible (or 'hard copy') personal information may be transported by us to or from the address noted below.
This website contains links to other websites. Equally, other websites may provide links to this website. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies, if any, of each and every website which you use.
Please note that the Internet is not a secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
You are entitled in law to receive a copy of personal information or data about you which is held by us on payment of £10 (or such other sum as may be prescribed by law from time to time).
We will also, on written request from you, amend any personal information which we hold about you. Where we amend the personal information which we hold about you, we will generally retain a copy of the previous version for our records. However, as noted above, we will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes noted above.
You can contact us at the following address:
Equipe Tyre & Autocare
Old Majestic Garage
Please note that, if you are under 16 years old, you must provide us with the name and address of your parent or guardian. We will let him or her know that you are providing us with personal information and seek any necessary consents from him or her.
Further important points